Ana and Carlos (from Spain). Two students enjoying the BBELS Flexi Program
Did you know that BBELS has connections with other English Language Schools throughout Australia? These connections allow our students to easily move between schools in different cities if they enrol through our Flexi Program.
What is the BBELS Flexi Program?
We know that some students are keen to study at BBELS however they are concerned that Byron Bay may not be the right place for a long enrolment. This is why BBELS has created the Flexi Program. It provides students studying long term at BBELS (24 weeks or more) with the opportunity to move to a city school after completing 50% of their course. The BBELS Flexi program therefore gives some assurance to our long-term students that they can change destinations if Byron Bay is not “their place”.
We have found that only 5% of our students choose to move once they have been studying here. The other 95% choose to stay in Byron Bay due to friendships, work, the relaxed culture of the town, and of course because of our wonderful teachers and staff.
To learn more about our students’ experience on the Flexi Program we interviewed Carlos and Ana. Please read their interview below.
Flexi Program: interview with Carlos and Ana
Ana and Carlos at Byron Bay’s Lighthouse
This week we spoke with Carlos and Ana, a Spanish couple who enrolled through the Flexi Program. These 2 lovely students arrived here in February and recently decided to stay until August. We sat together to discuss what concerns they had before they arrived and why they decided to stay at BBELS.
What were your concerns about studying in Byron Bay before you arrived here?
Ana: we knew that we would be studying during winter and we weren’t sure if we would be able to find work. Luckily we have both found jobs here.
Carlos: also, we didn’t know if we would still be enjoying the lifestyle here after 3 or 4 months. We felt like we needed the security of a flexible program.
Why did you decide to study in Byron Bay?
Carlos: we were living in Barcelona where it was very stressful. We needed to have a break from that life. So we preferred to live in a town rather than a city.
Ana: we also liked the position of Byron Bay. It’s in the centre of Australia’s east coast, so we can easily drive north or south to see different parts of the country.
You recently decided to continue studying here rather than move to another Australian town. Why is that?
Ana: we feel so comfortable with the local people. We love the town. It is close to the beach and it’s close to the mountains too.
Carlos: yes, it’s like we have found our own little space here. It is especially good that we are able to work here and afford a car so we can drive to local places.
Ana: Carlos has joined Byron Bay’s local basketball team too so he is making friends with local people and his English has improved because of this.
Thanks to you both for your time and beautiful photos 🙂
If you would like to know more about the BBELS Flexi Program or any of our courses please visit our website or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the Flexi Program is limited to certain nationalities.