I had the honour of being beaten by the best (female) table tennis player at BBELS.
Claudia was nice and easy on me, so as not to embarrass me. She hit a few amazing shots and I knew that I had no chance.
After Claudia, Ines is the next best player. I am sure they would give the guys a run for their money.
We would like to congratulate all our FCE students on their exam results. We had some great marks, especially in the speaking!!!
We are very happy to welcome back students from Kansai International High school.
Yesterday everybody went up to the light house to see some whales and dolphins.
The sun is shining and it is going to be a great day. Today they are learning to surf and going horse riding.
Students often ask me how they can improve their English outside of the classroom. Here are my top tips for this week:
• do your homework – after corrections do it again!
• talk to your homestay family
• make vocabulary lists – don’t forget pronunciation!
• keep a diary in English – ask your teacher to correct it
• write e mails and text messages in English
• watch English language DVDs (use the subtitles)
• watch TV – especially comedies and soap operas or even The Simpsons!
• read English readers – you can borrow them from the school
• learn how to do something, from an English speaker or another student e.g. cooking, games, sports
• listen to music
“On Saturday I had one of the most exciting experiences in my life.
I went whale watching in Byron Bay and was amazed by what I saw.
Thanks to Max for organising this activity and the friendly team at Byron Dive Centre.
Here are my photos.”