- ASK if you have any questions
- try not to speak over your classmates or when the teacher is talking
- be responsible for your own learning
- don’t always rely on a dictionary
- review your lessons at the end of each day
Out of class:
- keep a folder
- create a vocabulary list
- read the newspaper, listen to the radio, watch TV and go to movies
- mix with people outside your own language group
A quick quiz:
- Which skills are tested in the exam?
- How often will we do practice tests?
- Can you use a dictionary in the exam?
- Do you have a partner in the speaking exam?
- How many times will you hear the listening tasks?
- How long do you have for the reading, listening and speaking?
(Check your answers with your teacher)
Essential classroom language:
How do you spell…?
How do you pronounce this word?
Do you mind if I…?
Remember to have fun…