1. The percentage of kangaroo meat produced in Australia, consumed by Australians is 30%.
2. Yes, it’s true, a healthy female koala can produce one baby each year for about 12 years.
3. The area of Australia is 7 686 850 sq. km big
4. Yes, it’s true, Australia is the lowest, flattest and oldest continental landmass on earth.
5. The record high/low in the month December in Uluru is 47.0°C / 9.9°C
6. Yes, it’s true, Bob Hawke, who was Prime minister of Australia from 1983 to 1991 held the world record for drinking a pint of beer in the fastest time.
7. Yes, it’s true, sharks are immune to all known diseases.
8. The most dangerous animal in Australia in terms of deaths is the Box Jellyfish.
9. The name of Australia’s Prime Minister is Julia Gillard.
10. The biggest cattle station in Australia is almost the same size as Belgium.
11. Yes, it’s true, the average Australian consumes 165 000 eggs in his/her lifetime.
12. Yes, it’s true, 1,70% of immigrants are from New Zealand.
13. The population density in Australia is 3 per sq. km.
14. The Great Barrier Reef is 2010 km long.
15. The largest remaining tram public transport system in the world is in Melbourne.
16. There are 4000 km between the West Coast and the East Coast.
17. No, there were 6 independent British colonies that agreed to join together and that founded the Commonwealth of Australia in 1901.
18. When the European arrived in Australia there were approximately 250 000 Aboriginal people living there.
19. Kangaroo Island is in South Australia.
20. No, the name of the Australian Outback is Neverland.